Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pollock-esque Relief Name Painting

In order to reinforce name recognition we did some relief painting.  Thank you to the internet ( someone on Pinterest! of course) for this wonderful idea!


First I taped off her name with my favorite stuff in the world:  Post-It Labeling and Cover Up Tape!  It is easier to peel off than a Post It and holds up to quite a bit of paint abuse.  You can also write on it with any medium and it won't run/smudge!


After taping off her name I just let her go at it with paints, brushes, and fingers!


After it was dry she was able to help me take off the tape.  It was like I'd done a magic trick!  Suddenly, out of the Pollock-esque work of art, her name became visible. Amazing!


Skills:
Letter recognition
Name recognition


Materials:
Finger paint
Tape
Butcher paper
Paint brushes or (preferably) FINGERS!
 

Learn from our mistakes:
Be sure to wait until the paint dries before you take the tape off!  I ripped our first try at this right in half!  Oops.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment